Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Welcome to my new adventure!

Welcome to my new blog!  Hopefully you will find my life slightly entertaining!  I plan on keeping you updated on the progress of my pregnancy (baby #1), current recipes from my kitchen, projects around the farm, and of course all the good deals and freebies I get each week!

It wouldn't be right to start this blog without introducing you to my wonderful family.  First and foremost, you need to meet my husband who happens to be the most handsome, charming, and witty character of the bunch.  For the sake of this blog, I will refer to him as my HHBL (hunk a hunk a burning love).



You might be wondering where the farm life comes in.  Well it just so happens that we live on a grain farm named Morehouse Ag in Brookston, Indiana.  My HHBL is a farm-hand there and also is co-owner of Morehouse Transport, a small trucking company that hauls corn and soybeans around Indiana. 

Now some useless and slightly uninteresting info about yours truly.  I am a soon-to-be new mom in my mid-twenties.  My days are spent making chips (yes chips, for real) at Frito Lay in Frankfort, Indiana.  The little time that I am not working, I like to spend time at home baking and gardening.  Both my and my husband's family live a couple hours away, so I am often doing little "experiments" in the kitchen to occupy my spare time. 

One more person (well she is a person in my mind) that I can't fail to mention is our dog, Zuma.  She is a mix of German Shepherd and Huskie.  Quite frankly, she was the women in my HHBL's life before I came along.  For this reason, she is spoiled rotten and gets away with pretty much anything imaginable.  She is a great listener and she always reasons with me when needed.  I'm sure other dog lovers will understand. 


Hope this gives you a little insight into my life!  Please come back and visit us again!

2 comments:

  1. Great start! It was good to see you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch for my post later tonight...giving Frugalista Farm Life a shout out (complete w/pic) as I revel in being called low-maintenance! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails