Monday, May 17, 2010

Frugalista Shopping: Week of May 16

This weekend can be summed up in one word...tears.  As you have read, I had my first breakdown after Baby McFarland decided to be stubborn and not show Mommy it's special anatomical parts at the ultrasound.  Well as it turns out, this was minor compared to the next news that I was about to receive. 

My Grandma, 94 years young, made her journey up to heaven to be with my Grandpa on Friday night. This, of course, has caused many more tears to fall.  So after all this blubbering, I really needed a kick-ass shopping trip to cheer me up.  No fear, I really outdid myself this week at CVS and Walgreens.  I may even become the next Internet sensation!  My HHBL disagrees, but one can always dream!

CVS

Total Spent: $1.67
Total Saved: $37.61
Total Earned: $7.00
Best Buys:
Digiorno Frozen Pizza: Buy 1 @ $6.99, get one for $.01 = 2/ $7.00 minus (2) $1.00 coupons= $2.50 each
Maxwell House Coffee: Buy 1 @ $4.79, get one for $.01= 2/ $4.80 minus (1) $1.00 coupon= $1.90 each
Aussie Hair product: $2.99 minus (1) $1.00 coupon= $1.99 plus earned $2.00 ECB= FREE
Colgate Pro Toothpaste: $3.99 minus (1) $1.00 coupon= $2.99 plus earned $2.00 ECB
Lady Speedstick Deodorant: $2.99 minus $.50 coupon= $2.50 plus earned $2.00 ECB
3 Musketeers candy bar: $.49 minus $.25 coupon= $.24

Walgreens

Total Spent: $1.86
Total Saved: $21.00
Total Earned: $4.50

Best Buys:
Old Spice Body Wash: On sale for $4.49 + (1) Buy 1, Get 1 Free Coupon= $2.25 each + earned $4.50 RR= FREE
Oscar Meyer Deli Creations: On sale for $1.99 with Coupon from ad minus $1.00 coupon= $1.00 each
Post Honeycombs: On sale for $1.00 minus $1.00 coupon off 2= $.50 each

These deals coupled with the Extra Care Bucks and Register Rewards I earned last week= Total Domination


5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandma...

    And, while it may not dry any tears to hear this.. you are a total shopping rock star in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so sorry abt your grandma!

    I got some more great deals today thanks to your lessons @ CVS and Rite Aid and sent the hubby to Walgreens with a list today.

    Also, left you something on my blog. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. When my husband's granpa died, our oldest who was 5 at the time put it the best I have ever heard. She told me, it was sad for us, but good for Gramps as he was with Gramma in heaven. I will never forget how wise she was at a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gave you an award...because you need more lovin'! Go see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question for you- With the ExtraCare bucks you get at CVS do you find that it is cheaper to buy your bathroom and hygiene products there or Meijer? I'm beginning to think that I might need to revise my shopping plans.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails