Monday, May 3, 2010

Yum, Italian Inspired Pasta Salad

I don't know if this can be considered a craving from the baby or if I just had a hankering.  Sometime last week, I started creating a new pasta salad in my mind.  The beautiful thing is that I had almost all the ingredients already at home in my stocked up pantry and fridge; all that came from my great grocery shopping deals no doubt. 

I love the versatility of pasta salad, especially in the summer.  It makes a great side dish for any cookout or regular weeknight meal.  This recipe could be modified in a hundred different ways. It is a very quick dish to make as well which makes it that much better.  I actually whipped this recipe up in about 15 minutes on Saturday night, right before we headed over to the campfire. 

Ingredients:
1 box tri-colored rotini or any other pasta that you have handy
1 bottle of Italian dressing
2 diced tomatoes
1 package salami (pepperoni would be wonderful too)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbs dried Italian herb blend

Directions:
Boil pasta until al dente.  Drain pasta and rinse with cold water. Meanwhile, chop up tomatoes and salami into bite size pieces.  Combine all ingredients in large bowl.  Note; you probably won't need the entire bottle of dressing, use only as much as you prefer!  Chill until ready to serve.


Bon appetite!

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! I came over from Goodeness Gracious. I have a farm blog, too! Come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pasta salad made with Italian dressing and salami or pepperoni. In fact your recipe is a lot like the one I make except I use crubled colby and monteray jack cheeses. Either way is sure looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails