Saturday, August 14, 2010

Yummy in My Tummy: Pigs in the Mud


During my annual visit to the Indiana State Fair, my nephew and I were walking down the midway when we saw this intriguing sign!  My nephew's curiosity was sparked so he convinced me that we needed to try one of these interesting fair treats.

So what is this "Pig in the Mud" you might ask?  Well it turns out that it is chocolate covered bacon!  Yes, you read that correctly.  Seeing how it is the year of the Pork at the fair, I couldn't resist trying one of these!


My nephew absolutely loved these critters.  I wasn't so easily persuaded.  The bacon was just a little limp for my liking; however, with the right type of thick and crispy bacon, it could be a winner in my book!



I would highly recommend making a trip to the Indiana State Fair to try these and many other interesting foods!  It's a great way to spend a day with the family!

Thanks again to the Indiana Soybean Alliance for the tickets to the fair and to Indiana Dairy and Indiana Beef for providing our meals for the day!

3 comments:

  1. I like to dip my bacon in syrup, so maybe this is the same type of taste? Looks weird to me, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I'm glad it was you he persuaded to try this and not me! I'm the one who forced him to wait for a drink b/c we weren't close the the lemon shake-up stand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. I love both parts to this new food, but I am not so sure they compliment each other. I'll keep an eye out for it Tuesday while I am there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails